Questions To Ask A Meal Recipient
back to all blog posts
Maureen Witmer, Director of Outreach, TakeThemAMeal.com on Nov 4, 2016
In 2012, TakeThemAMeal.com user, Kathy Ridgeway, sent us a very helpful questionnaire she used when setting up meals for families in her church. Over the years we made a few tweaks. These questions would be helpful to ask anyone you're setting up a meal schedule for, especially someone who you may not know as well, such as a new neighbor, a mom in your mom's group, or a person in your office or church.
Are there any questions you would add?
Meal Recipient Questionnaire
Think of everyone who will be eating when you answer the food questions, i.e. other children, extended family visitors
- Date it would be helpful for meals to begin.
- How long would you like to receive meals?
- What time would you prefer food to be delivered?
- Do you want the meal provider to call before s/he comes?
- Who should be contacted if an alternate delivery time needs to be arranged?
- Do you want meals each day, or every other day to allow for leftovers?
- How many adults and children will be eating? How old are the kids?
- Do you prefer disposable containers?
- Contact information
- Address -- including landmarks and color / identifying features of house:
- What is the best number to reach you at for texting?
- Email address (optional), if this is a good way to reach you.
- Food preferences
- Food allergies -- SPECIFICALLY: dairy, gluten, soy, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish and eggs
- Absolute hates
- Special diet -- Vegetarian, low fat, low salt, low carb, sugar free, no desserts desired, etc.
- Do you like ethnic foods? If yes, what are some of your favorites?
- What are some of your favorite local restaurants in case someone wants to order carry out?
- If someone from out of town would like to order from our web store are there any particular meals that you would like?
- Any other special instructions or things participants should know?
Read other recent articles by Maureen Witmer:
Hello friends! As you are caring for others with meals, we hope you find our blog full of tested recipes and thoughtful ideas to encourage you along the way.
The five of us look forward to hearing from you. Please email us.
Adina, Kate, Janelle, Rachel, Maureen
Find Us on Facebook
Visit TakeThemAMeal.com's profile on Pinterest.